Saturday, April 21, 2012

Marathon for charity-JFK

Got this news from the resourceful facebook group, thank you.
Here's the link to the news (I'll paste only this link as it has the news, videos and photos and another 2 links with a bit more details):
1) http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.aspx?articleid=DMF20120418_00147514 (got pictures and video)
2) http://www.rtbf.be/sport/tennis/detail_henin-organise-le-1er-marathon-de-son-association?id=7749925
3)http://www.matele.be/joomla1.7/index.php/actu/actu-commune/rochefort/14864-justine-henin-qhan-sur-lesse-cest-chez-moiq (got video)

Edit: Here's an update on Justine Official website as well, click on the news to read more about this event by Justine For Kids:
http://www.justine-henin.be/en.php (please click on news to read, as direct linking is impossible)


For more information, please visit Justine For Kids website:
http://www.justineforkids.be/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2%3Atest2&lang=en
And there's a newly created FB page for Justine For Kids: https://www.facebook.com/JustineForKids

Race details can be found here: http://www.chronorace.be/web2/inscriptions/choixformulaire.aspx?eventId=5819680686084

Using Danielle's translate of the sudpresse news:

Justine Henin organizes the first marathon of her association on June 24th

Today at 8:00, April 21st, 2012 
The former champion of tennis Justine Henin organise on June 24th the first marathon of her charitable organization “Justine for kids” with Han-sur-Lesse. “As sporting, I always wanted to organize a sports event for my association”, she announced Wednesday morning during a press conference in her club of tennis of Limelette. 

The marathon will consist in of a loop of 10.5 km traversing four times with a team of four people to the maximum. Justine Henin will take part of course herself with the marathon. “But I must involve myself still much”, she acknowledged in a smile. 
The field of the caves of Han and the town of Rochefort are associated with the event. “We are touched that Justine chose Rochefort for her marathon, she constitutes an example for the children”, declared François Bellot, burgomaster of Rochefort. 
The marathon will be organized with other activities for all the family. Justine Henin insists much on the concept of solidarity which guides this event. “The sport has an incredible ability to gather”, the quadruple winner of Roland Garros estimates. 
The asbl “Justine for Kids”, founded in 2008, work for the children reached of cancer, in particular by financing pediatric centers. One of the next great projects of association is the construction of a vacation center for the ill children and their families in the area of Rochefort, indicated the ex-player of tennis. 
Information and inscriptions on: www.justineforkids.be/

Photos, I'll upload it onto here as well, enjoy! (the captions below are all my own words for fun, do not take them too seriously!)
These 2 photos are so small ^
Ju: "I can perform juggling for the kids one day?" 
'I can also perform whistling a song for the kids one day?"
"However, nothing is confirmed for my performance in future activites"
The blur blur look of Ju @.@  
The continued version of Ju blur look with her mouth closed
"Listen attentively guys, I'm about to give my speech..."
"First of all..."
"We have to applause for these brave kids who fought with their illness, let's bring them the positiveness"
"So, we shall smile for them!"
"Hmmm? Am I right?"
Ju (excited):"Why not all of us join in the marathon? Maybe I can create another race of 42KM, you all will support me right? Sports for life and for the kids!"
Guy (smiles slowly faded):" 42KM..."

Ju:"You know I've been thinking..."

Ju:"Is 42KM too easy for you? Or we try to make it a 84KM?"
Guy:......

Ju:"so how's that?"
Guys *sweat*

Guy (I have to stay calm and look professional *wear specs*) : "Well Justine, I think 10.5KM is good enough for us to keep to the schedule)

Ju:"OH! I totally forgot that we have to take time into consideration..."
JU:"My bad! Sorry ah...ok, we'll stick to the original plan"
 
The guys:" Oh yes yes, that's right! Haha!"
Ju: "Hehehehehe"

------~End of my crap caption story~------ 

Here's one relaxing Justine for you <3 
And the most natural smile with a touch of gentleness from Justine! I've put this as my wallpaper

Good work to Justine For Kids organisation!

No comments:

Post a Comment