Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Henin joins elite Stuttgart field



Stuttgart - Justine Henin is latest top star to play at the Porsche Grand Prix later this month, organizers said on Wednesday.

The former world number one Henin, who came out of retirement this year and reached the Australian Open final, joins fellow-Belgian Kim Clijsters, Venus Williams and others at the indoor clay event April 26-May 2. Henin won the Stuttgart event in 2007.

'We already had a fantastic field but Justin's confirmation is the icing on the cake. It can't get any better,' said tournament director Markus Guenthard.

World number one Serena Williams is the only notable absentee as eight of the current top 10 players will be present.

Thanks sly for informing me of her playing this tournament, I can't wait to see her on clay but oh no! The date is not favorable for me, I'm in the midst of examinations! Hope Justine wins though! She has my full support!

No comments:

Post a Comment