Monday, July 12, 2010

WB pics comparisons again

Here I am, posting another boring things but this is of my own interest :) Yes, it's the Wimbledon pictures of Justine Henin again, but I'm comparing her this 2010 Wimbledon and 2007(I think)Wimbledon.

2007 is her peak condition yr (even though Wimbledon she lost surprisingly to Bartoli, I still think she's great in 2007, and hopefully even better in 2011), and from the pictures, I assumed she hasn't changed much at all in terms of skills, so I still have much hope of her winning Wimbledon title one day in her second career!
________________________________________________________________
1st set (straight backhand hit):
2007:
2010:
________________________________________________________________
2nd set (half-squat backhand hit):
2007:2010:
__________________________________________________________
3rd set (forehand slice?):
2007:

2010:
Justine, I really miss you now, I hope your elbow heals faster! Have a speedy 100% recovery!

4 comments:

  1. I love the 1st Set the most... the floating BH topspin shot from Ju...looks like a jump BH or Ju returning a kick-serve?

    but all the pics are pure awesomeness... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Sly, I love that pic too. It makes Justine looks taller and longer too! I'm really in love with her BH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, they look so similar! the only (maybe i am getting annoyed) difference seems that in 2007 she was getting to the balls earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, if you meant the last pic above where in 2007, she seems to get to the balls earlier than in 2010, well, I think you can see that in the last pic (2007), the ball was so much inside the baseline as compared to the 2010 pic. Maybe she had more time getting to the ball that was not too far out and near to the baseline where she had to stretch out?

    It also has to depend on who her opponent was at that time. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell from the pics. But yeah, now her movements had slowed down, but I guess that's cos she played so few matches and not used to it.

    ReplyDelete