Saturday, May 1, 2010

How close!

I realised that I'm a coward in some moments, even though I have faith in Justine, I was so scared to watch the match that I decided to turn in early, hopefully I could see the news of her winning when I woke up, but I'm not sure whether it's my mentality or what that around 2.15am, I suddenly woke up and felt so uneasy.

I couldn't hold it any longer and I couldn't sleep again, so I decided to watch Justine Vs Jelena match online. When I first look at the score, I was so down because Justine had lost a set and the second set was so tight! It's like whoever made serve, wins the game so if it's Ju's turn to serve, she won, then Jelena's turn to serve, Jelena won and this drag to a tiebreaker. Luckily, Justine managed to pull it into a three sets, and there again, I have to deal with my weak heart everytime Justine lose a point I will switch my IE tab to read manga, and come back to watch the match later, hopefully she's at the winning point. And thank god, when I look at the match again, she's already leading 5-3 in the 3rd set and was then beginning for the last set.

This time round I decided to watch and pray and at 40-15 point, I watched with anticipation of her winning the whole match and she really impressed me with that wonderful forehand cross-shots, like my previous post had shown, an exact replica of the scene where she win the point against Dementieva in 2007, about the same situation. She really deserved the win with the point of 3-6, 7-6(4), 6-3!


Jelena breaks down under pressure while Justine, she raised her level under pressure, tht's the main difference. Although Justine had made many UE, she's able to hit many winners, of course, I expect her to get adjusted to her form and hit lesser UE and more winners next time. Tonight is her match against Shahar Peer who had won Safina, so we fans shouldn't underestimated Ju's opponent tonight. And hopefully Justine gets enough rest, as it's an early match tonight, plus she had endured almost 2 hr 30 min for the win over Jelena, so hopefully she regained her energy and I seriously prayed that she had found her "old winning form" and played a even higher level of wad she used to have.

May she win this tournament, cos she really deserved it given her calibre.

No comments:

Post a Comment